Monday, June 25, 2012

Surprise long run and a jog down memory lane...

Before I start on today's run, I'll get the last few runs from the second part of last week out of the way:

Thursday:


Friday I was supposed to run, but didn't so I had to make up for it on Sunday (usually my rest day.)

Saturday:


And Sunday:

The exciting part about running on Sunday was that I made plans to spend most of the day at my parent's house, so I decided to run in their neighborhood.  I was living there for most of the training for my first marathon, so it was nice to run an old but familiar route.

Today was supposed to be an easy day.  I planned on running 7, but after 5 miles I was still feeling fantastic so I decided that I might as well get the long run for the week out of the way while the weather was nice and pleasant.  I ended up finishing 11 and I'm really happy that I made that call.  I finished about two hours ago and I feel much better now than I did after either of the recent 10 mile races that I did.  Success!  AND I got a few pictures today.  (I apologize for quality - I was using my iphone today since my garmin watch was dead, and skipped the digital camera.)

I saw a sweet bird in the lake behind Kingstown Center.
Yeah, poor quality, but I was stoked.
My best guess is that it was a great blue heron, but I'm no expert.

I also got to see not one, but TWO baby bunnies!  I couldn't get to my phone in time for the first but here is the second:

Too cute! 
Cotton-tail hopping away.

This happened to be on my favorite mile-long stretch.
It's a series of rolling hills along a paved path.  The path runs underneath these powerlines that create a convenient clearing with woods on either side.

(Like I said, I had to use my phone today since the garmin was dead.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BUNNIES!!!