Thursday, June 14, 2012

It's that time again.

As I'm sure we all know, I'm training for marathon numero dos.  The 37th annual Marine Corps Marathon to be exact.  Run for Burma will be sponsoring my run and my official training regimen started on Monday.  While out on that first run, I had a lot of time to think and got an idea to do some blogging again and keep people in the loop about my training as well as post some photos, since there are some really neat trails and wildlife in the area.  I didn't get around to finding my camera until today, so here we go...
Today's run was the shortest for the week, making it a little easy on me since I'm just getting used to carrying a camera around.
Most exciting about running in Kingstown I think is the wildlife.  There are plenty of wild flowers growing in the area, which to me is always pretty cool.  Any flower that can thrive like that without anyone tending to it is a beautiful thing in my book.


I also get to see these canadian geese on the daily.  Most of the time there are some of them hanging out on the trails with a few goslings, and they've gotten comfortable enough around people that they don't really get scared or try to fly off when I run right by them.  


Just past the lake is my least favorite part of the run.  Usually I try to avoid this part of the neighborhood like the plague, but unfortunately not every run can be a long run, so I had to take the shortcut home today through the dreaded Kingstown Center.  It's a good quarter mile to half mile stretch of strip malls and shopping centers.  It smells like exhaust and fryer grease.





Annnnd the stats.  Wouldn't want to forget those...

No comments: