Monday, June 18, 2012

Spotlight on a few favorite trails in the area...

After complaining about the smelly and generally unpleasant Kingstown Shopping center in my first post I was feeling guilty about being so negative.  This means so today I must take a moment to point out some of the greener paths and trails near my new home...

First is the trail that runs alongside Van Dorn right before it meets telegraph.  It starts off just behind the BP and cuts through the woods which is a nice shady alternative to the intense sun that beats down on the Van Dorn sidewalk.
There is however this blind corner, where I narrowly avoided a collision with another runner a week ago.
Soon after Van Dorn is this trail along Old Telegraph Rd.
It's beautiful and shady, but there is tons of poison ivy.  Eek!
Last, one of the reasons why I really do like Kingstown - they take good care of the trails around the residential areas like this one here.  It's a steep climb up this hill, but the view makes up for it. 


These were all taken on Friday so first Friday's stats:

And Saturday's:

That marks the end of my first week of scheduled training, and I'm happy to say it was a successful week.  On Saturday I hit the 300 mile mark for this year, and I managed to stick to the schedule (and actually ran an extra mile on Saturday by accident!)






No comments: