Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I'm sweaty.

If you don't believe me, ask my friend here:

I found this sexy beast right by the stairs to my apartment.
Love these colors!
For an iPhone camera, I can't complain.
I'm still surprised it didn't fly away when I got this close.
And for perspective, those little circles on the ground are where I dripped sweat while I took those pictures.  
It's embarrassing.  When I pass people on the more narrow sidewalks on really hot days I get so anxious.  I try to smooth my hair down and ball my hands into tiny fists.  It hasn't happened yet, but I'm so nervous.  I fear it's only a matter of time before I accidentally flick sweat onto a fellow pedestrian.

\

EWW!  Gross!  I know.  Forgive me.

This is why I've been making sure to follow up each run with a full bottle of this stuff per every 2 pounds lost during the run:

Splashguard is a must!
Anyways, it's hot.  We've all noticed.  Still, I feel like it's been a good week for running.  Last week on my long run I got to swing by my favorite mailbox in the area.


Last time I was in that neighborhood, I ended up hitting the wall later in the run.  Hooray, progress!
I've been experimenting with the RunKeeper app on my iPhone.  This app tells me all about how fast I'm running, like my watch does, but it actually tells me these things.  Like out loud.  And it plays music!  I'm very close to getting the timing just perfect, but I've nearly perfected the timing of my playlist so that my RunKeeper "coach" tells me my time/pace/distance/etc right when the dialogue about falling out the window starts in "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros:



Okay I think that's enough playing around on the internet for the day.  Here's the stats from today's run:



No comments: